Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good day, Mr. Pilkington!



Day 2 of this helicopter school was done by 0930. I'm really enjoying this. Tomorrow will be a "late" day, since we have building cleanup, but I'll be home by 3:30, so I can't really complain about that, either. It truly is a waste of government time and resources, but I'm not gonna butt heads. I deserve a two month vacation as much as anybody else does! I spent my free time today out at Mission Valley and picked up some cheap curtains, a new pair of jeans, a Ghostbusters t-shirt and a stylin' track jacket. It makes me look like I'm from the future! I think so, anyway.

Here's a question: You know how you always see old people wearing headphones out in public? What the heck are they listening to? I suppose the quickest way to solve this mystery would be to stop and ask them, but if an old man told me he was listening to Nickleback while he was mall-walking I'd probably throw up on the ground right there. Today I was eating lunch in a Chinese fast food place and an old guy was reading a paper and listening to a set of big old-time headphones. Was he listening to classic rock? Paul Harvey? Smooth jazz? I want to know! Can anybody give me any insight into this octogenarian fad? I'd totally appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment